Tuesday, November 18, 2008

holidays

Right now I'm blowing my nose for about the 100th time today. Ugh!!! Now I'm wiping my poor watery eyes so I can see the screen again. OK, there you are. As tired and crummy as I feel physically today, I am in pretty good spirits. I am getting excited for the holidays. I look forward to our weekend trip to Chicago next weekend! This is somewhat of a tradition in our family passed on from Matt's side. We spend the day after Thanksgiving in the crazy hustle and bustle of downtown Chicago. It's a blast! We go with no mission, but to enjoy being there, so the crowds and cold are just part of the fun. I can hardly believe that Christmas is just a handful of weeks away! I am praying that I will not lose focus of what Christmas is and that I would not be caught up in any stress of Christmas shopping or the busy get togethers, but that I will just enjoy each minute of it. We get to celebrate this because of the birth of our Christ, the Savior of all who believe! This ain't no Hallmark holiday! (pardon the grammer. It's just doesn't have the same effect to say, this isn't a Hallmark holiday) (I'd also like to add the disclaimer that there is nothing wrong with Hallmark holidays. I've been known to enjoy them myself. :) I'm just saying, Sweetest Day and Friendship Day just aren't on the same level. )

7 comments:

Just To Praise Him... said...

Hey, Rachel. I wanted to check up on you and see if you are feeling any better today than yesterday. I hope you are. I prayed the Lord would bless you more than you could stand today. I hope He does. Have a wonderful night. And btw, your heart is in the right place for the Holidays.

Much love and blessings,
Nicole

Just To Praise Him... said...

You are an absolute treasure, Rachel. I am glad you are feeling a bit better. Tomorrow will be better. We claim that it will!!

Nicole

Have you got a good start on your Christmas Shopping?

Just To Praise Him... said...

OH YEAH!!! I saw a book yesterday when I was reading Worship Leader Magazine. I thought of you immediately. It is entitled "Just Courage...God's Great Expedition for the Restless Christian" by Gary A. Haugen. He has worked extensively with the poor and oppresed including sex trafficking. He is hoping to compel other christians to join the fight. Thought you might be interested. Have a good one!

Just To Praise Him... said...

You have some pretty precious children yourself! You sound like me with shopping this year. I have it all figured in my head but not under the tree yet. What would you call that? Not window shopping...maybe brain shopping or something...lol. Anyway, I have a feeling you will get something done in Chicago on your trip. Have you ever been to New York around this time of year?
And yeah, that book sounded pretty good...

Nicole

Just To Praise Him... said...

oh, almost forgot to ask if you feel better today?

Just To Praise Him... said...

Good! Glad to hear it!! If you are like me, there is no time for being sick...

Becky said...

Let's meet next Tuesday for coffee and start our CA group :)