The women's Bible study I'm in is about to embark on a journey together studying Esther, Beth Moore's newest study! I, for one, am so excited about this and look forward to the challenges it will bring. I'm sure it will be full of them!
I am really enjoying this holiday season! For one, right now, I'm enjoying the snow. We've had some days recently where I literally feel like I'm in a snow globe. I'm sure by February I'll be tired of it and ready for Spring, but it makes me that much more thankful for it when it comes. I've enjoyed shopping for my family. I'm thankful that I'm able to, but I'm even more thankful for the Reason of the season. (sorry if that sounds cliche) I've always been thankful, for the blessings God has given me, especially my family, both the one I came from and the one I married in to. Not only those, but I am so blessed by my family through Christ's blood as well. But this year things seem even sweeter. I'm enjoying each moment with them even more than I have in the past. I just want them all to know how much I love them to the core. I'm not saying that none of them ever drive me nuts from time to time and we are all different. We're a broken family for more than one reason. Divorce, yes. (it was my parents, not me. and some others in my family as well) But we all bring our brokenness to the family. We all have our issues. I pray as we all get together that we would just remember what all this is about and enjoy our time together. The gifts are great and fun, but time is precious. (Do I sound like an eighty year old woman?) I'm not trying to be all wise or act like gifts are petty and silly. I enjoy them and I know kids love them. I just get sick of what society twists this into! And then suddenly it's about bigger better "whats-it's" and less about people and less yet about Jesus. And it's all about Jesus, so let's give Him the glory and honor He deserves!
Father, thank you for the blessing of today. Thank you for sending Your very own Son! Thank you for loving us, for loving me! Be my Everything!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I have heard that the Ester study is just great. I hope you enjoy it!
We watched One Night with the King recently and my boys really got into it.
Amen...
Judging people would nullify the whole reason for showing love, during Christmas or anytime, wouldn't it? Love is all that matters. It's all that ever will. I just try to rememer that people learn so much more from my actions than my words. They may not remember what I say for very long, but what I do will be remembered forever. You have a great heart, Rachel.
Post a Comment