Ever since I turned 29, I've sorta been dreading turning 30, that is, until just recently. I'm kinda the "baby" of our group of friends. And the baby is gonna turn 30 this Spring. I told Matt months ago if he was welcome to throw me a party as to celebrate the end of the 20's era, but now I'm thinking I want to celebrate what this new era will bring. I loved my 20's and so many wonderful things happened in them, but as I become more new each day, I wonder how I even made it through them. How did I function?! I know it was the grace of God, but man, as much as I'd like to relive some of the moments of this decade, I need to move on and leave so much of at the foot of the cross. Here's a list of the days I would love to relive and hold so close to my heart.
The day I got engaged
The day I married my best friend
The day I found out I had a little baby inside me, (each time)
The day he was born
The day she was born
A few weeks worth of incredible vacations
The day I regained hope that I would not have to live a life of extreme bondage
The day I was baptized
(There may be a few more)
Here's a list of things I wish I hadn't had to experience, but I am thankful for them in a different way than the incredible days and hold them dear in a different way too.
A very sad family meeting.
My parents separation and divorce and all that it brought.
The day I drove home for lunch to find my dad and brother loading up my dad's things into a truck. I had to keep driving.
The day I had to tell my mom he was getting remarried.
June 28th, 2004
Dealing with my brokenness. See, I was so "put together" and could handle things on my own.
My sister's divorce.
Finding out my dad was going to have another family.
But God is SO good to me! I have such a blessed life! And I think God for every part of my life because they have shaped me and made me who I am. They have challenged me, broken me, and they have blessed me. I am humbled by His love for me. And so I want to celebrate my past, my present and my future! i can't say I look forward to the wrinkles and sag that will come with the future, but I hope I can face all that it brings with a heart that lives in freedom and believes Truth!
Mighty is Power of the Cross!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
It's good to hear from you again! and like so many times with your words you have made me smile, laugh and cry, thank you friend and I'm so excited to FINALLY share the 30's with you!! :) and yes, you have SOO much to look forward to and celebrate in thisnext chapter of life.
Hey. Good to hear from you and I want you to know that I went through those very same things that youwent through and I know just how life changing and devastating they can be, but we made it, didn't we?! And we will keep on making it. They are all just the colors of the threads that make up the beautiful and fullness of the unique tapestry that is you. Without just one of those threads, whether it be good or bad, a part of who you are would be missing and a part of what was to make hyou stronger would never have gotten the chance to shape you into wonderful you. Keep walkin'... Just keep on walkin"... There is so much more to add to your list of things but god will see to it that they are more bright colored threads than dark ones... Once again, good to hear from you...
Keep singin', girl. Sing to Him like it's the very thing that sustains you and like you were born to. He's listening and you have an audience of One. you can't imagine how beautiful your voice is to Him. He stops all of Heaven and says "sssshhhh, listen, it's Rachel, my daughter singing to Me". Your song is all you have and the only thing that is truly your's and His alone. Never let the enemy steal it. And don't worry, I will never give up. That word is not in my vocabulary... As long as I have the strength to put one foot forward in front of the other, I'll keep walking. And when I don't have the strength, He'll do it for me... and He'll do the same for you... as many times as you need Him to...
Post a Comment