I've had a weird week. It's hard getting back into the swing of things in the "real" world after a week of warmth, fun and relaxation. The schedules, typical responsibilities, work- those things demand attention and they don't really care that you were gone because they never left. I feel pulled in so many directions sometimes as do many people and on some days, I just don't feel like I can keep up. My two little ones just went down for a nap and I'm kinda taking a breath, kinda- at least long enough to vent and then move on to something else, probably laundry or kitchen clean up. I have a great life. I don't mean to complain. I'm just venting that I feel like a bit like a dishwasher that's way too overloaded and so in the end most of it needs to be washed again because there were too many things in it to begin with. Maybe that's a bad analogy, but it's all that popped into my head at the moment. I probably need some time with God more than accomplishing any of my tasks. He's so good at helping keep things in perspective. If my Savior can love me despite my idiocy and selfishness and can endure a life a mockery and ridicule while remaining sinless and loving to the death for me- I can endure some stressful days. But God, just remind me You're with me. I need You and like most people, I feel so attacked when I'm weak and stressed. (and I really want day 109, God) 2 Corinthians 12:9-10"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
I feel a bit more at peace already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
i'll continue to pray for you... but take heart it is always so difficult to come home from vacation - it's a bit like tasting a little of heaven and then haveing to step back into humanity... gives us a small bit of perspective of what Our Maker had to endure- can you imagine??? anyhow... love you and all will fall into place...you are one day closer to meeting your Maker... i will pray that you find rest in the restlessness... me
It IS open to anyone but not sure on tickets still....I'm sure there are still some available they were selling them @ our church. If you are interested you could prob either call our church or the theater & see if you can just buy them @ the door or whatever....not sure.
ps, how was florida? are you going to post pics?
I'll have to check them out! I don't spend much time checking out pics anymore on FB :( Maybe when things slow down a bit. I still just try to chit chat with who I can when I can but spring is always so busy & crazy around here! Can you believe our boys graduation is right around the corner?? Is noah going to kindergarten next yr or young 5's? where will he go?
Post a Comment