Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Goodbye 20's
I loved part of you and hated part of you. You brought me great joy as well as great sadness. You pushed me ahead and held me back. I will hold your memories close, but will try not to let them hold me because I am no longer she. Thank you for June 10, 2000, my husband, my children, my family, my friends. Thank you for countless hours of laughter. Thank you for our home. Thank you for running. Thank you for getting me up so many mornings at 5:15. Thank you for the scars you left on me. I pray they remain just that, scars, only reminders of where I've been, not open gaping wounds. I'm ready for a new day, a new decade! I want to dance this one freely! So, come on 30's, let's go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
30's are amazing! I've only got a couple years under my belt, but I feel a greater sense of self and direction in my 30's and a deeper connection with my Lord. Oh the scars. I know them well. It's a sign of healing for me and I'm learning to cherish them and remember the greatness of God through them. I hope you enjoy your 30's like I've enjoyed mine, so far!
man that gave me chills!
Wow... somehow I didn't realize this was the "big" birthday. I can't believe you're out of your 20's already!! Your post was just what I needed to hear. I still have a year and a half before I turn 30, but I've been dreading it. Sometimes I panic when I realize that I am not as young as I used to be. But like you said, the 20's have brought good and bad times. Hopefully I am not the same girl that I was at 20. Thanks for the new perspective. I love you.
I will be 39 this year. I felt more old when I was in my 20's than I do today. He just keeps making me youner and younger everyday. Enjoy every minute of it, Rachel. This will be the best years of your life. So much is to become yours in this decade. So much to learn, to see, to experience, to conquer. This is the decade that you will find out just who Rachel was always meant to be. I know you will be pleasantly surprised when you finally do meet her... This is your decade! Make the most out of it all!!!
Post a Comment