Tuesday, September 30, 2008

running

I want to be a runner. I have a very strong desire to train to run. Yeah, sure, I jog a bit now. I can sometimes make it 3 miles, sometimes. But my body is feeling this urge to do more. Well, then, just do it, you may be thinking. The thing is, it takes time and I have two small children, who, to be honest, I don't want to push in a stroller the whole time. Part of what I love about running is the escape I feel and often my interaction with God through it. But to really commit and train for more and not take time away from my family, I'd need to go early in the morning before my husband goes to work. I used to work out early in the am, back in the day, and as hard as it was to actually get out of bed, I LOVED it! My other problem is that I really would prefer a running partner, someone who would challenge and push me and help with accountability. Getting out of bed for myself would be so easy to skip out on, but knowing someone else was counting on me to meet them would be much harder to "cop out" on. Many runners I know of, have running partners or run with groups. I'm not sure if I'm ready for a group, nor will a group most likely, work on my timeframe. Hmmm, maybe I'm just a little too selfish about this whole thing, or maybe it's just not meant to be right now in my life. I've already propositioned two friends. One laughed and the other is not so sure. What will come of my dilemma? ......... I tried to listen to God's answer, but maybe it's not high on the ol' priority list or maybe I have the earplugs in that keep me from hearing anything that isn't the answer I want.

2 comments:

Just To Praise Him... said...

Now, I didn't say that I have always had a love affair with Christian music!! Ha! Sorry, I have listened to my share of less than holy songs and liked them on top of that! But we grow...thank God and that stuff kind of melts away...though I do still like my share of jazz and country(a little)and classical and, well,the list goes on and on...but it is clean..the majority of my music is glorifying the Lord though. I heard once that alll music is good music until the devil perverts it...somehow I believe that one...

I would have never thought you a runner, but I think that is a really really cool thing. I love to go hiking and walking and when I walk for exercise I will mix sprinting and walking together to get my heart rate up and to tell you the truth just to run all my pent up energy out!! I love the way the endorphins make you feel like you could jump a 30 foot building when you are done!!! LOL! Well, you just know that if it is your desire, then it is most likely God's desire for you too and where there is a will there is definately a way. You should go for it and reach that goal! I will blog you and ask you each morning at 5 AM if you have gotten up to run...lol, just kidding. You can do it... and I think you should!!
Who knows, you may be the next olympic marathon champ!! Never say never...

And by the way, you may only be a drop in the ocean of worshippers as I am also, but your praise is beautiful to Him...I bet you can sing pretty good too... Have a great night!

Becky said...

Still thinking about the running, don't count me out just yet :)