Monday, September 29, 2008

September 29

Overwhelm me, Lord, with your presence! Help me to live beyond who I am on my own. I can do nothing without You. I'm thankful that I can't fully grasp You and I pray I never think I can! Humble me and teach me how to live like Your servant everyday, rather than as a servant to myself. I have nothing to offer you and owe you everything! Don't let knowing I can never repay you, stop me from trying.

3 comments:

Just To Praise Him... said...

What a beautiful post, Rachel... it is evident that He has a servant's heart in you...

Just To Praise Him... said...

I also meant to tell you that I like the new songs on your playlist...I like to hear new music because there is so much out there and so many artists that are undiscovered, at least by me anyway...lol...

Just To Praise Him... said...

I sometimes wonder what it would be like if there was no music...that is a horrible and sad thought, isn't it? There is a line in the song "Jesus, What A Savior You Are" by Christ for the Nations that says "You are my song, when my melody has ended.." I can't tell you how true that is for me...so many times praise has been my weapon...and so many times it has been that song and even sacrifice of praise that has brought me out...and now I can truly say that praise is a mighty weapon for sure...When I didn't even have a song to sing or could not find the words to sing at all, somehow He placed a song of His own in there and I would sing anyway. So, yeah, I understand the music thing...I don't think I could live without it,and you?

And thanks for the making progress encouragement. It has been a mighty long road but God has been faithful and has taught me so much that I would have never humbled myself to learn on my own without Him. I can be a little stubborn at times...lol...and He has to keep me on my knees a pretty good bit...but I know that I wouldn't have had the chance to know Him as deeply or have eyes to see Him at all if He didn't and He still does and knowing my nature, probably always will have to...I am a work in progress but thank the Lord, I am moving forward...I don't think I will ever be able to thank Him enough...